Monday, January 3, 2011

Year Reviewed,-I'd give it a "6"

We celebrated New Years Day like this. And yes, we invited our laundry. It's like a cousin, the annoying one that stays too long and keeps coming back:

Because what better way to spend our new beginning after an exhausting 2010.


After our living room picnic, Sam and I cuddled up to a good book. He laid his chest on mine, closed his eyes and mine weren't far behind(props to the hubby for picking up the cam!)....like I said 2010 was exhausting: sports, numerous injuries, ER visits, an (ongoing) addition to our home and lots of learning about friendships.

What I loved in 2010:

  • a memorable weekend away with fantastic couples
  • a spontaneous family escape to the beach
  • celebrating twelve years of marriage
  • deepening bonds with friends
  • watching walls expand in our home
  • recurring cuddle times with the boys I feared they would outgrow by now
  • The Shack

What I hated:

  • kidney stones
  • a broken wrist
  • stitches
  • another set of stitches
  • truck repairs
  • a group divided
  • broken hearts
  • I raised my voice (waaaaaaaay) too often

What I learned:

  • no matter how tightly you assign a budget, it can be blown to hell
  • whatever the issue or hurt, not talking about it makes it worse
  • parents do not always know best
  • sometimes when I am the most broken, I see God's plan the most clearly
  • my "struggles" are minuscule in comparison to the load some have to carry
  • I don't always have to be "the strong one", it's ok to need

One or more of each thing that I've loved, hated or learned in 2010 may happen again in 2011, like they did in 2009, 2008.........but they will never happen the same way. That is what I love about the turning of the calendar. New experiences. I may feel the same way-for different reasons. I may change my mind, I hope I do. I will change. That's how it works. Here's to a "10"! Cheers!

A lttle ditty to send you off with a smile..

No comments: