Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Another Stolen Quote






This is one of the most genius statements I have ever read!! Yes, it's stolen(again), but at least I found it more traditionally, while reading...well kind of...blog-creeping anyway.


If you've read my blog at all you know that my husband and I have a hard time figuring each other out. I don't mean communicating, we do that pretty well. However on a daily basis, we cock our heads to one side, raise one eyebrow, draw our chin inward and think "what?! Who are you?"


I do not rejoice in surprises. I'll tell you exactly what I want for Christmas and be thankful. It occurred to me as I read the above quote however, that my relationship with my husband is filled with surprises and I never even realized it. Mostly, I was frustrated by our mutual confusion, wondering silently if one day it would break us. Each time Jerry or I say something that leaves the other "baffled", we may be surprised but we are always striving for understanding. Every year that we mature, we change. So even if we're surprised, dumbfounded, we're always discovering another facet of each other's diamond. The end result, knowing the people we are becoming, a little better. No matter how you look at it, from any angle of discovery, it's a precious stone. An indestructible, glass-cutting(barrier-breaking) diamond.
I find it comforting that though we appear and are completely differing in opinions and personalities, we have a solid foundation and most importantly we still laugh together. Laughter definitely softens the baffled expression.

No comments: