Monday, February 23, 2009

I Hate When I do That!

After having a childless wonderful weekend with my hubby....it happened. We were in an argument. A legitimate one, but not the way I wanted to close out the weekend. I was so angry I didn't kiss him goodnight, a first in a looooong time. I first have to say my husband is a good man. Thoughtful, loving, affectionate and an incredible father. And yes I am guilty of those random complaints of all his idiosyncrasies, as if I don't have any, but he is my favorite person.
I was not in a forgiving mood and stubbornness broke the chain of our vow to never go to bed angry with each other or without discussing our perspectives on the disagreement. I hate when I fall into these spoiled little brat days of old. So, husband, I'm sorry.
But on a happier note, and a little random, God has really brought some special ladies into my life. At a time in my life when things seemed very stale, some sugar has been sprinkled. We have the essential, natural connections that I've mentioned before...effortless friendship. Such a blessing.
And to top this day with a cherry, my 5 year old, Sam became the "housekeeper". Complete with his own "to do" list, the beds were made, toilet scrubbed, litter scooped and floor swept. He was so cute trying to help Mommy out. I was sewing today and he so wanted to impress me with his cleaning abilities.......and he certainly did. As I was cleaning my sewing mess, he walked into the kitchen and said "Ugh, Mom, you didn't do the dishes!" I guess my lack of responsibility took away from the aesthetic value of his work!

No comments: