Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hugs.........I Love Hugs!!!


Hug. Embrace. Hold. Squeeze. To me, a hug is the most simple and personal display of affection. Even from my husband I'd prefer a hug over a kiss any day. When he pulls me in and gives me that "I missed you" hug, my stress level shrinks and the business of the day disappears. But today I'm referring to the hug from a friend. I was so fortunate to see three of my sweetest friends between yesterday and today. To actually spend quality time with a friend in that volume in a two day span is a rarity to a stay at home momma. To say "your thoughts are safe", "you've been missed" and "I love you" with the simple gesture of a hug is invaluable. When I feel connected to someone, a hug is almost involuntary but never void. I always mean it. Laura, Heidi and Kim are such genuine, kind beings. Their first inclination is always to think of others first and I'm glad they think of me. I'm so lucky to have them in my life and thankful for their incredibly comforting hugs. Have you hugged someone lately?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Betty,
I am so blessed that you have came into my life! I wish I were there right now to give you the worlds biggest HUG!! I really am thankful that we met and are becoming such great friends. You are right..it is effortless and extremely easy to be around each other. Not to mention, it is absolutely impossible not to love YOU! You are an amazing person with a big heart. I admire, respect and love you!!