Monday, November 3, 2008

Religion and Politics=Bad Etiquette(sarcasm strongly applied) Please!

Do you ever feel like whatever you say about politics is wrong? I guess there is a reason people say "never discuss religion or politics". And the two at the same time? Big mistake.
I made a comment on a friends' posted item, not really offensive to anyone, or so I thought. And soon after an acquaintance of mine also commented and I'm not sure if my comment or the original post is what upset her but I felt a sick feeling in my gut. The one that says "No one agrees with you so you must be wrong" I hate second guessing myself and I won't do it now.

This is an important election. If your a Bush fan, I'm sorry for this but the past 8years have been a catastrophe! I voted for him...twice. I am a registered Republican. Because I was 18 when I filled out that card and that's what my parents are so, sounds good. What does that mean anyway? I follow Jesus, support small business, give the richest people in our country tax breaks, oppose abortion? Is that a Republican?
Are we so close minded as believers that we believe that a Democrat cannot be a Christ Follower? Sure there are some moral issues that are a little far to the left for me, but their views of "spreading the wealth" is may I dare say......biblical? Remember "to whom much is given much is expected"? Universal health care? Don't completely understand how it will affect my life, but didn't Jesus himself heal even the poor and uninsured?
Oh, I can't even discuss it anymore.
I still am undecided. That's right. Undecided. One night before the election. Undecided.

2 comments:

Jessica Stock said...

You have got to be kidding. Someone said that? Where do you even begin . . . ? That is where I'm at . . . just where do you begin? Because somewhere along the way Republican became equal to Christian, and if you try to offer another opinion they tell you the world is ending and it's somehow because we now have a Democrat for President. Unbelievable.

Betty said...

No, no one said that that was that sick feeling in my gut speaking, sorry if that was confusing!haha
But on the rest of your comment I agree!