Friday, October 3, 2008

VP debate, Palin....Oh Sarah.


First of all let me start out positively. What I do like about Sarah Palin is the fact that she has gained political power and maintained her femininity. What was so offensive to me from Hillary wasn't necessarily just her politics but the fact that as I listened to her more and more she became more "this is a boys club and I can't be a man with the best of 'em" in her rallies and interviews. That is just an opinion so try not to be offended but I think a woman should behave like a woman and shouldn't have to take on manly qualities to exhibit her strength. Women should find strength in who God made them to be and work from that foundation. Women approach things differently, with heart and emotion and that shouldn't be considered a character flaw.


But back to Sarah, poor Sarah. I've been undecided of my impression of her. So I was optimistic that we would see something real, some credibility, some qualifications. Certainly she was picked for a reason. Right? Or was it because she is a woman and that would make those "right wingers" appear more progressive and forward thinking? I was disappointed in her performance. She was robotic, scripted and dodging questions to promote her "look what I've done" resume. I know that's part of the process but have you seen some of her interviews with Katie Couric? They look like they should be the parodies that we see on Saturday Night Live. By the way, I love Tina Fey as Sarah. When her VP announcement came out, I thought, "wow, she looks like Tina Fey". So that has been fun to watch. I don't think that Joe Biden really outshined her though either. No one was "knocking my socks off".


With all the issues that will be influenced as a result of this election, I find myself being the "flip flopper". I can usually, based on my own values determine the candidate that lines up with my ideals. I have been following this whole race for about a year and a half , it's intriguing to me, it's historical. For the first time though I can't sort through what their real agendas are. They seem to change constantly, or are to detailed to understand how it will affect my family.


Ugh! Sarah, you've gotta show me more. Right now, I might give you the crown in the Mrs. America Pageant, but the Vice Presidency? Not so sure. And with the age of your running mate..........

No comments: