Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Looking Toward the Horizon


March 18th, I am waiting for you like a child yearns for Christmas morning.
This dreary, brrrrrrrr-ific winter, the wrestling season, and everyday busy has worn on the last fibers of nerve I have available.
Followers, don't get me wrong, I LOVE WRESTLING! I love watching my boys, Jerry and the other coaches building a successful program, the adrenaline, helping where I can, I really love it.
However, for four months my family does not function on it's normal routine and I have times of feeling extremely lonely. I miss my guys!!
BUT March 18th, I am escaping with my husband and some wonderful friends to the city of Pittsburgh! Every snowflake, school cancellation and busy day, I am looking past to this much needed retreat! Time alone with my husband with no talk of "weight classes", practice, homework, hurried bedtime rituals or children in general! Again, don't mistake my words. I love my children but date night has been pushed aside for far too long. This weekend will selfishly and adequately be all about Jerry and me. Waking up to the absence of alarm clocks, schedule....so inviting! Talking over coffee with overslept eyes will replace springing into referee mode from the launch of morning.
I see you March 18th in the not so distant horizon. I am working my way to you. Don't go anywhere. Do not be pushed aside by interference. I am praying these things for you. Wait for us.....we're coming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I feel the same way :)))