Monday, September 22, 2008

Playground Rules

I just read a disturbing comment to a friend's blog and have to ask........Does anyone else feel like they are playing in a sandbox with hundreds of kids then a few bullies come in and destroy everyone's toys and then pack up their own and leave the rest of us to pick up the pieces? What happened to Mom's playground rule "Play nice, no pushing and if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!" Let alone, the Golden Rule "Treat others the way you want to be treated".
I am frustrated and tired of pretending everything is just running the course of God's will. God's will is not for me to sit in an idle church while everyone gets out of their own way to start ministering to the people of this world. Christianity is not a do and don't, left or right, yours or mine society. It is an undeserved gift given by the Creator, to us who have believed and confessed his death, burial and ressurection for the covering of our sin. We have been given a huge commission to humbly reach the lost with His good news, however being in a church body who continues to self focus and tear down brothers and sisters in Christ, has put a hinderance on that very body and their commission. Sure it doesn't change my commission individually, but it has tainted it, in my heart. Yes and that is mine to deal with, with God, I get that.
I 100% believe that God is in ultimate control but that man's free will can make a 100 meter dash into a cross country, endurance race. Can we just all be real for 5 minutes please? We will not all, at anytime, see things exactly the same way. Constantly trying to prove yourself right will only breed bitterness toward your brother, whom you are weakening by dismissing his different(not neccessarily wrong, just DIFFERENT) opionion.
I feel like everyday I am sincerely casting out my "forgiveness net" over "Christians" who are standing readily with their "swords of the Spirit" HA! to slice my net wide open.
Believe me I have said these same things to myself but as a real, emotion wearing, imperfect, freed up Christ follower, enough is enough. Be confident in how God built you to serve him and not threatened by how he made me to serve and worship. Stop looking for a cookie cutter design of Christianity to follow. Actually follow Christ! Now there's a novel idea! We have become known by what we don't do instead of what we do, and at this point I hope that still remains partially true. I'd hate for the lost people in this world to see this local church as children who don't play well with others and won't share. I have less drama with my 3 boys who are under the age of 8!

No comments: