Sunday, October 10, 2010

Taking Initiative


Well, I did it. I took the first essential step in returning to the workplace. Two years after placing my cosmetology license in escrow, sure I'd never use it professionally again, I have taken the required continuing education to reinstate myself as an active stylist.
I am actively praying as to where I will put my skills to use. There is one particular salon I am hoping God sees as good as a fit to my family life as I do.
When I tossed my craft to the wayside, I was "burnt out". Tired of the long hours on my feet, the people-pleasing aspect of the job, it was never a hard decision to walk away. Now, the very things I grew tired of are drawing me back in. I have a friend who is a stylist as well and her influence in my life has reminded me that my decision to "do" hair was fueled by my ability and desire to create. Hair is like a canvas, whether blank or numbered in brushstrokes, I can completely change the mood of the piece with a subtle additions or a completely original masterpiece.
As a woman I know how a great style can make me feel beautiful. I walk more confidently, check myself out in the rear view mirror and just feel good. I have the ability to give that gift to someone else. Thank you Marla for reminding me of that.
Now..just decide where it is I'm supposed to perform all of these miraculous works of art!

No comments: