Sunday, May 3, 2009

Me and My Shadow


I'm walking. 5 miles a day, at least 5 days a week. My mom bought me a pedometer after she had weight loss, lowered cholesterol and increased energy making 10,000 steps everyday, the recommended amount. Today though, I walked 10 miles and I noticed something.....my shadow and my motivation to keep walking. Have you noticed when your walking with the sun to your back your shadow looks long and lean? Well I have... And though I'm 5'2" my goal is to achieve at least, the lean part. For me and my body type, carrying 3 boys in 4 years and caring for those little guys at home full time ever since, the weight has stuck with me since the birth of #3. If you follow me, you know that as my older two are now in elementary school, and my youngest approaching that age TOO QUICKLY, I have remembered there is another person who needs cared for......myself. It has given me the drive to start my own business and now I have this goal I also hope to achieve successfully. I've been doing this routine for about a month now, not wanting to publish it for fear of putting the cart before the horse. But as I am writing this, I realize it also gives me accountability.........something I need in all areas of my life. So there it is, my shadow is my goal and when I look in the mirror I hope to see a similar image.......someday.

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Thanks for the blog Betty. I am so proud of you. I am praying for you. Please remember you are beautiful no matter what size your shadow is appearing!!! love ya!