Sunday, August 8, 2010


Little boy, how are you so big? How is it you live life the same way you came into it? Hard.... Like you were letting me know from the onset, your drive and determination. You play hard. You fight with your brothers hard. You work hard in school. You are hard-headed(like your momma). You find it hard to let others know that you are sensitive. You sleep hard. Finding trouble is not hard..but most importantly, you love hard.

You are amazingly smart. You have the best cheeks for kissing. Ever since you were a baby you've had these perfectly round cheeks that a kiss just sinks into. Though you have a wild heart you are the most eager to please. Your favorite things are baseball, wrestling, animals, reading, the Wii, your friend Noah, your Grandma and .....me. That's not a vain self promotion, you and I have a unique chemistry. Someday one equally amazing woman(JK!!) will steal your affections from me. For now, I love that you call me 10 times when I away from you for two hours. I love that when I walk into the door you still run calling "Mommy!" and give me the biggest of hugs.

Your eyes are a gorgeous slate blue, I painted my living room to match. I was drawn to that swatch like I'm drawn to your eyes. You are so strong, not just in mind like I mentioned before but physically I cannot believe how your strength has multiplied over the years. I can no longer pick you up, but you can lift me off of the floor. You are nine years old and I am seeing glimpses of the man you will be. I am proud of you. I love you. I'm thankful that you, are you.

Happy Birthday my precious boy.

No comments: